Our music guy and Phoenix Celebrity Host, Joey Partee, shares some of his best tips for creating the perfect playlist.
Tips from video:
- Include popular songs everyone knows, but feel free to expose your crowd to some well-chosen new material as well.
- Keep people engaged and having fun with upbeat songs.
- Keep it classy, avoid profanity.
- Spotify is a great tool for making playlists.
- Consider music that is relevant to a holiday or season, like Michael Jackson’s Thriller for Halloween.
- Start with a good show opener that creates great momentum, like Thunderstruck by AC/DC.
- Choose songs that are about 4 to 4.5 minutes long.
- Have fun and build your playlist with a theme!
Ask Joey about his Playlist Trivia Question Champion.